Wednesday 27 September 2017

nerd alert

Saint Laurent black shopper bag

If you have good eyesight, you really don't know how lucky you are. I can't imagine being able to just see, without spending £20 a month on contacts and £300+ on each pair of glasses. (Yeah, you didn't realise it was that expensive, right?) That's not to mention the annoyance of contacts drying your eyes out or glasses getting smudged. But what's also very frustrating is trying to find a pair of glasses that you actually like. This is the accessory I wear more than anything else, yet over the years I've struggled to find a pair I'm happy with.

Zara navy swing top

However, thanks to my lovely friend Barbara, whose amazing glasses were the first thing I commented on when I met her, I've discovered Swiss eyewear brand Viu. I go to Switzerland a fair bit with work, so on my latest visit Barbara kindly took me to the Viu store to try out the frames. I immediately fell in love with the gorgeous minimalist store and found it hard to narrow it down, but I eventually settled on "the cat" style (apt since I'm 100% a crazy cat lady). They're huge and nerdy and make a statement, which I absolutely love. After all, if you are pretty blind, why not embrace it? They're also very reasonably priced, plus I believe they ship to the UK on their EU site. Oh, and if you're not blind, they do sunglasses too. For the first time I love my glasses and have even been wearing them to work. Nerdy and proud.

Viu the Cat champagne glasses

Larsson & Jennings black Saxon watch

Zara white culottes

Zara black heeled mules

Saint Laurent black shopper tote

Zara navy top / similar here
Zara white culottes / similar here
Zara mules / similar here
Viu "The Cat" glasses


---- shop the post ----



Share:

1 comment

  1. Nerdy and Proud? Plus a crazy cat person? You're a real Gem. Can I have your number?

    ReplyDelete

© anna lou elliott | All rights reserved.
Blog Design Handcrafted by pipdig