Monday 20 February 2017

the perils of wearing white

Topshop black t-shirt, Zara white jacket and 3.1 Phillip Lim Pashli bag

I don't know about you, but I get through a lot of Vanish. I'm not sure what I would do without it. Actually, I do know: I would be buying a new pair of white jeans every other week. So far, most things I've spilled on myself have come out in the wash. The only time I had to throw something away was when I spilled baked beans all down myself (not the best day at work). Usually, though, my trusty Vanish gets things looking good as new.

Zara white blazer, Topshop croc leather skirt and Zara black suede boots

The problem is that jackets are usually not machine washable. And dry-cleaning is effective only up to a point. So it was with a heavy heart that I've had to file my old white Topshop blazer under "these stains are never going to come out" and invest in a new one. Easier said than done, mind you. A good-fitting blazer is an elusive thing. Ordinarily I would invest more money to find the right fit (my black Whistles blazer was well worth its price tag), but knowing that its white counterpart will have a limited life span, I wasn't prepared to shell out.

Luckily, Zara came to my rescue and I'm pretty pleased with the fit of this under £50 beauty. Here's to hopefully a good few months before I have to replace this one. Maybe I should buy two now...

Zara white blazer, 3.1 Phillip Lim Pashli burgundy and Topshop Boutique leather skirt

Zara black suede ankle boots, Zara black leather skirt and 3.1 Phillip Lim Pashli medium

Zara white jacket, Larsson Jennings silver Lugano watch and Rachel Boston stag beetle ring

Topshop Boutique black leather skirt, Zara white blazer and Topshop black tee

Zara white jacket, 3.1 Phillip Lim burgundy medium bag and Zara black ankle boots

Topshop t-shirt / similar here
Topshop Boutique leather skirt / similar here
Zara boots / similar here
Rachel Boston stag beetle ring / in silver here


---- shop the post ----



Share:

No comments

Post a Comment

© anna lou elliott | All rights reserved.
Blog Design Handcrafted by pipdig