Saturday 18 April 2015

today i love… beauty favourites

beautyfavouritesapril2015

This is far and away my favourite fragrance at the moment. The most beautiful perfume packaging I've ever seen aside, the scent itself is a wonderful sophisticated yet subtle floral melange, somehow suitable for any and every occasion. One I will be using every last drop of and repurchasing without a doubt.

I've said it before and i'll say it again: if there's one make-up item you should splash out on, it's lipstick. There's nothing worse than a cheap lipstick for flaking, drying out and generally looking unflattering. NARS lip colours are my absolute favourite. I have three shades of the semi-matte formula and this is my first of the sheers. It's the perfect nude, and believe me that is not easy to find. It's at once subtle yet noticeable, sheer but still gives a confident wash of colour, won't dry out your lips and will last (provided you apply with a lip brush).

I have to admit: it wasn't the gorgeously sophisticated, sweet floral scent of this candle that made me powerless to resist its charms. It was the divine silver holder with marble lid. I still kind of can't stop staring at it. It's just so darned beautiful.

I can never resist stopping off at & Other Stories when I'm near Regent Street, if only just to marvel at the best interior design I've ever seen in a store. As well as their own brand beauty products, they also stock Swedish brand L:A Bruket, which offers some of the most indulgent scents and most divine packaging around (two things I'm a sucker for). They don't hold much of it online at the moment, but if you're near the store, be sure to pop in and stock up. This shea butter is thick and smooth and really feels like it's addressing that dry winter skin we're reluctantly having to unveil at this time of year…

Picked this up in my annual pilgrimage to the Space NK Boxing Day sale (literally my favourite shopping experience of the year) and I love it. Once again, I love the packaging, but it's also a great all-round lip balm: not too flavoured, not too sticky, sinks in well and does the job.

I've had my eye on Australian beauty brand Grown Alchemist for quite some time (their Instagram is one my absolute favourite accounts right now). I love the amazing scent combinations and of course the beautiful minimalist tubes. Last week I finally gave in when I saw that FeelUnique were offering this hand cream for free with purchases of £35 or over on Grown Alchemist. I snapped up the amazing hand wash & lotion set and got this absolute gem for free. It's the Holy Grail of hand creams: gorgeous soft consistency which absorbs like a dream, amazing scent and looks divine.

Another Space NK sale find: I got this in a gift set alongside the cleanser (contender for my number one all-time beauty favourite, FYI). I've never been that sold on eye creams (do they really do anything?) but what can I say: this one looks gorgeous, feels soft as satin on your skin and makes me feel like I'm doing something to fight the inevitable onward march of time. That's got to be worth the price, right?


---- shop the post ----



Follow me on
bloglovin'
facebook
twitter
pinterest

Share:

No comments

Post a Comment

© anna lou elliott | All rights reserved.
Blog Design Handcrafted by pipdig