Monday 28 July 2014

today i love… the monday wish list



Whistles' autumn collection has just begun to land, and so far it's this silk bomber which is topping my wish list. Often at this time of year it's frustrating to see the shops start to fill with boiled wool coats and heavy knitwear with no hope of wearing them any time soon. But a lightweight silk bomber is transitional perfection: light enough to wear even in a heatwave, but equally perfect layered under a cosy coat when the temperature cools.

Zara shoes are always the best on the high street in my opinion. These navy snakeskin beauties are totally impractical but just so elegant and sophisticated. Perfect to make a black dress just a little more interesting without compromising on glamour.

I can't help but love luxury items which are totally unnecessary but utterly indulgent. My scented candle addiction speaks for itself. Linen spray - along with scented drawer liners - falls unmistakably into this category. I'm slightly obsessed with the spa-like scent of lavender right now, and can't think of anything more heavenly than spritzing everything I own with this.

4. H&M lantern / £12.99
Summer evenings are made for dining al fresco, and that means candlelight, and plenty of it. I love a tea light holder, and a lantern-style one which means you can leave the flames unattended is perfect. H&M's home collection has me lusting after so many items, but this copper lantern is top of the list right now. All you need to go with it is a crisp glass of white wine.

Dressing for a heatwave is not easy. A throw-on dress is the easiest and most comfortable option, if you ask me. I'm living in my & Other Stories jersey ones right now, and I'd really like to add this lovely white version to my collection.

It's also not easy to dress appropriately for work in the heat. I don't know about you, but I find it quite difficult to find skirts that are long enough (do they get shorter every year or do I just get older?) This lovely croc embossed pencil version is nothing if not perfect for work. I would dress it down with a sweatshirt though, so as not to look too corporate. I like to think I'm not that old just yet…


Follow me on
bloglovin'
facebook
twitter
pinterest

Share:

No comments

Post a Comment

© anna lou elliott | All rights reserved.
Blog Design Handcrafted by pipdig