Tuesday 22 April 2014

today i want… whistles white dungaree dress

whistles white dungaree dress


So, dungarees… How do we feel about this then? I have to confess I haven't entirely made up my mind. There was a time not so long ago when I was convinced only Alexa Chung could pull them off. Plus I really hate that teenager at a festival look of denim dungarees over a cropped top. So the key to mastering this trend is sophistication. Happily that is exactly what Whistles excels at. I've come to realise that one of the reasons I love this brand so much is that I trust them to make any trend - no matter how initially suspicious - from mules to pool slides, rucksacks to cropped tops - look grown-up and, though I dislike the word, chic. I know that whatever I'm wearing, however dubious the connotations, if it's from Whistles, it's going to look good. That's undoubtedly why an item which on paper sounds at best challenging and at worst hideous - white mixed fabric dungaree dress - and retails for nearly £300, is selling out fast. You've got to hand it to Jane Shepherdson: she really knows what she's doing.


Follow me on
bloglovin'
facebook
twitter
pinterest

Share:

No comments

Post a Comment

© anna lou elliott | All rights reserved.
Blog Design Handcrafted by pipdig