Saturday 13 July 2013

today i want... topshop boutique floral shift dress



The eagle-eyed among you will have realised that I'm not much of a dress person; bar a couple of cocktail options, they don't make much of an appearance in my wardrobe. The reason for this is mainly because I never wear the same entire look twice, and with a dress the outfit options are pretty limited. But as I wrote the other day when I introduced the newest addition to my wardrobe, a beautiful black drop-waist Zara dress, I've recently come to appreciate their versatility and usefulness (and also comfort!) This Topshop Boutique beauty may not win in terms of how many different ways it can be worn, but sometimes that's not the point. It makes a statement, but in a subtle way. It demands only the simplest of heeled sandals and a quiet clutch to make it sing. And as I sit in my garden in the sun writing this, I can't think of anything I'd rather do than slip into this sumptuous blue floral shift, step into some heels, add Ray-Bans and head off to an impossibly chic garden party to sip homemade lemonade. A girl can dream...


Follow me on
bloglovin'
facebook
twitter
pinterest

Share:

1 comment

  1. The top is absolutely beautiful and great for summer!
    xx

    Style of Purity

    ReplyDelete

© anna lou elliott | All rights reserved.
Blog Design Handcrafted by pipdig