Monday 17 June 2013

today i love... beauty favourites


Thanks to doing a lot of beauty reviews and going a little bit crazy in a couple of beauty sales, I've been trying out loads of new products lately. There are some that will be going straight to the back of my cupboard, but others have stood out to me and become new must-haves in my beauty arsenal. So I thought I'd share a few of them with you.

This has become my new favourite everyday perfume, thanks to its soft notes of rose and blackcurrant. It's a subtle scent but no less beautiful for it.

I'd been searching for the perfect primer for a while, and now I've found it. This shimmery, light-reflecting liquid won't be for you if you've got oily skin, but if your complexion is very dry and dull like mine, you will adore this. It leaves a wonderful healthy glow which catches the sun at every angle, but without looking over-the-top. It has SPF15, too.

MAC Mineralize Skinfinish in Adored /
I'd previously only used liquid highlighters like my favourite Soap & Glory Glow Lotion (which I mix with my foundation), but this powder is a revelation. Dusted on top of the rest of your make-up along cheekbones and temples, it gives the most beautiful pinkish glow. Build the colour on the apples of your cheeks to double up as blusher, too. (This shade isn't available yet but comes out in July, part of MAC's Tropical Taboo collection).

If you're on the hunt for a facial exfoliator that's gentle enough for frequent use, this is my recommendation. It smells heavenly and is very softly exfoliating - not the one for you if you're after a deep-down pore cleanser, but a treat for those in need of a less abrasive scrub.

My collection of red lipsticks is ever-growing, but this one's a keeper for sure. Its velvety, matt texture sets it apart, leaving you with beautiful suede-looking lips without drying them out. This is also the perfect "true" red, neither too blue nor too orange.

I gave this 9/10, whereas I would have given my usual Benefit Hoola 10/10, so I'd actually recommend the latter, as it's cheaper too. Both are perfectly matt with no shimmer, which is what you want to achieve an authentically tanned look. But the upside of this Bobbi Brown powder is that it comes in different shades. Mind you, used sparingly, Medium wasn't too dark even on my very pale skin.

My hands are totally addicted to hand cream, to the point that I can't go anywhere without it (once you pop, you can't stop). This is the best I've found so far. The scent is seriously divine, deliciously almondy without being overpowering, and it absorbs quickly with no greasy residue. I love the metal tube, too.


See previous beauty favourites posts here, here and here.




Follow me on
bloglovin'
facebook
twitter
pinterest

Share:

No comments

Post a Comment

© anna lou elliott | All rights reserved.
Blog Design Handcrafted by pipdig