Saturday 13 April 2013

today i love... coffee table books



There's little I love more than a beautiful looking book. Admittedly I don't read many of them - I only just get enough time to make my way through all my magazines - but I love displaying them. For Christmas I got myself a beautiful clothbound copy of one of my favourite books, Pride & Prejudice, (here) and I just love it. Coffee table books are by default, therefore, my favourite kind; they are after all mostly there to be aesthetically pleasing. Above are my four favourites from my current collection. The Luella book (remember her?) mostly makes me feel nice and patriotic, while also looking pleasingly old-fashioned. Even though it may not be the most fashionable of books, I make no apologies for my huge style crush on LC and none for owning her cute style guide, even though it's not big on content. The Olsen twins' Influence, on the other hand, is literally my fashion bible: I cannot explain to you my love for this book and if you don't already own it, I can only urge you to purchase it right away. Finally, the Chanel tome is simply beautiful. I'm looking to add to my ever-growing collection, so below I've chosen a few other coffee table books I've got my eye on. Carine Roitfeld's Irreverent is top of my list, although the price is pretty steep; The Little Black Jacket is probably the other major contender. Let me know if you have any recommendations of your own!




Follow me on
bloglovin'
facebook
twitter
pinterest

Share:

4 comments

  1. My book shelves are bursting with various coffee book tombs about art and fashion, poetry and various other amazing subjects. I ordered the Olsen twins book sounds good!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love kate spade things we love book.
    great blog, following you:)

    aga
    http://shadesofvoguish.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have a large collection of coffee table books too. The genres range from fashion to interior design to fine art. Since you're mostly into fashion, I recommend getting Christian Louboutin, Tom Ford and Valentino Couture coffee table books.

    ReplyDelete

© anna lou elliott | All rights reserved.
Blog Design Handcrafted by pipdig