Sunday 30 December 2012

this year i'm wearing...

As 2012 draws to a close, I thought I'd take a look back at what I've been wearing this year...

January /



Back in January I relied heavily on my trusty navy fisherman jumper to get me through the winter, and accessorised everything with a belt. The black Topshop satchel I picked up in the post-Christmas sales featured in pretty much all my outfits, and my yellow snakeskin clutch (another sales find) added a little colour here and there.


February /



In February I picked up Mary Katrantzou's tee for Topshop after managing to resist the amazing lampshade dresses (although I haven't worn it since). I snapped up my Marant-inspired tie-dye jeans from Zara and proceeded to wear them solidly for the next few months. My trusty leather gilet featured heavily, as did my Kurt Geiger patent spike heels.


March /



My best buy of the year was made in March, namely my beautiful Acne Pistol boots, which have barely left my feet since. I also invested in probably my other most-worn shoes of the year, the Mango ankle cuff heels, and luckily the weather warmed up enough towards the end of the month for me to wear them.


April /



Made the most of the weather remaining reasonably chilly in April by getting a lot of use out of the black fur coat I found in the Zara sale, and also snapped up a lovely white blazer I'd had my eye on for some time. Also managed to resist most of the Marni for H&M collection, but did come away with my amazing ski goggle-esque sunglasses.


May /



A heatwave in May meant the leather shorts came out early, as did the white jeans. Also making a few appearances were a new pair of pink snakeskin jeans and an old khaki shirt which reminded me of a certain lightweight Isabel Marant jacket. My purplish Kurt Geiger perspex clutch earned its place as my favourite accessory of the month with multiple outings.


June /



In June my Topshop nude strappy heels became a firm footwear favourite, while the unseasonably cool weather at least allowed me to wear the new knitwear I invested in early. I also bought some mannish patent loafers which I wore with ripped jeans.


July /



A fringed leather skirt snapped up in the sale and an oversized metallic navy American Apparel clutch were two notable additions to my wardrobe in July, seeing me through the summer months alongside my trusty Ray-Bans. I also invested in the Zara silver-edged black tote which would soon become a trusty staple in my bag collection, and my troupe of printed jeans grew to include a velvet-embossed blue leopard pair.


August /



August saw my first (but by no means last) trip to Bicester Village, which perhaps inevitably resulted in my first pair of Burberry shoes: tan, buckled and beautiful. Also joining my shoe collection were the black version of my trusty nude Topshop heels and a flat Dalmatian-printed pair of sandals, which would become my go-to on hot days.


September /



JW Anderson's Topshop collection, which landed in September, saw two highly prized additions to my wardrobe: the classic white shirt, and winner of my favourite knit of the year (beating off stiff competition), the bat jumper. I wore these with white jeans and open-toed sandals in the last days of summer, and later my favourite cross-strap black Topshop heels were dusted off when the weather cooled and teamed with my new dip-dyed hair.


October /



In October I bought two particularly beautiful jackets which remain the pride and joy of my outerwear collection: the Topshop Unique army bomber and the Whistles leather beauty. I wore them with my super-soft black cherry knit and accessorised with my favourite pairs of sunglasses on brighter days. Late in the month I also snapped up my beautiful little navy Cambridge Satchel Company satchel.


November /



My trusty red lipstick made a few appearances in November, teamed with my two favourite jackets and a large collection of knitwear, including a super cosy cashmere-mix grey hoody. I added to my bag collection with the Topshop black croc tote I'd had my eye on for some months. I also bought the beautiful rose gold Jordan Askill heart ring which now resides permanently on my finger.


December /



Lots of leather in December: my favourite buy of the month has been my Topshop Boutique navy pinafore, which has proven to be perfect for both day and evening, with or without a tee or jumper underneath. I also succumbed to some sumptuous velvet slippers for off-duty days. I still haven't stopped wearing my Unique bomber jacket to death, but I'm more fickle when it comes to bags; the Kurt Geiger mini leopard beauty I got for Christmas has moved the top of my favourite bags list and will almost certainly stay on my shoulder throughout January, if not the whole of 2013. The same goes for my beyond beautiful Whistles courts.

So, I hope you've enjoyed getting an insight into my daily wardrobe in 2012, and that you'll come back for more in 2013!


Follow me on
bloglovin'
facebook
twitter
pinterest

Share:

4 comments

  1. A beautiful year!

    http://giaa-fashion.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love, love, love all your outfits! Happy new year gorgeous!

    http://bamostwanted.blogspot.com.ar/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the fringe skirt with the orange sweater in June :) Summer styling is my top favorite as I live in Los ANgeles ;) XO, kat

    http://6footone.com/

    ReplyDelete

© anna lou elliott | All rights reserved.
Blog Design Handcrafted by pipdig