Sunday 28 October 2012

today i'd save on... acne vs topshop


On left: Acne Star boots / £400 at Kurt Geiger

For some things it really is worth splashing out on the real McCoy, and I can say from experience that Acne boots fall into that category. This became clear when walking around Paris in the rain the other weekend: while my friend's high street boots quickly let in water and the soles caused her pain after a couple of hours, my sturdy Pistols stayed comfortable and dry. Having said that, though, I'm sadly not made of money, and much as I would love to buy Acne's entire stock of boots, that's not going to happen any time soon. Topshop had one of their biggest ever successes with their Ambush boots, which bore more than a passing resemblance to Acne's Pistols and, as long-time readers will know, I was one of the first to fall in love with them. And now Topshop have clearly jumped back on the same bandwagon with Acne's newest ankle boot delight: the Star. Seen on the likes of Alexa Chung and Clémence Poésy, the Star works for much the same reaosns as the Pistol: it is utterly simple and classic yet undeniably stylish. I don't doubt it will achieve the same cult status as its older sister. Retailing as it does for £400, though, I fear it will remain a pipe dream for me. In the meantime, I'll be heading to Topshop to try on their Anarchy lookalike. Maybe I'll do the same as I did with the Ambush and upgrade to Acne, leaving them somewhat overshadowed and neglected in the corner of my wardrobe, but just maybe they'll prove a classic in their own right.


Follow me on
bloglovin'
facebook
twitter
pinterest

Share:

No comments

Post a Comment

© anna lou elliott | All rights reserved.
Blog Design Handcrafted by pipdig