Wednesday 18 April 2012

today i'd save on... isabel marant vs denimocracy


On left / Isabel Marant Itzel tie-dye jeans / £225 at mytheresa
On right / Denimocracy tie-dye jeggings / £71 at ASOS

I've said it before and I'll say it again: Isabel Marant could design a bin bag in such a way that would make me want to wear it. She has a unique ability to transform many a "let's try and forget it ever happened" trend into something absolutely to-die-for. Tie-dye is a prime example of this: until just a few months ago I was very happy to relegate it to the 90s. But hey presto, Marant shows models emblazoned head-to-toe in the print and suddenly I'm foaming at the mouth to get my hands on some. I invested in some quite subtle Zara tie-dye jeans a couple of months ago and I absolutely love them, but now I find myself craving something even more full-on tie-dye as well. These fantastically in-your-face red Marant jeans definitely fit the bill. They are so absolutely of this season that I can pretty much guarantee that in a few months' time I'll wonder what on earth I was thinking. But to be honest that sort of makes me love them even more. Dropping £225 on a one-season item isn't really an option for me though (besides, they've all been snapped up), so thank goodness for this lookalike pair from jeans brand Denimocracy, stocked at good old ASOS. I may well be investing in these beauties very soon. In the meantime, if you need any inspiration on how to wear them, check out the ever-stylish Evangelie of Styleheroine.com looking sensational in her real deal Marants. Now that's a look to dye for (sorry...)


Follow me on bloglovin', facebook and twitter

Share:

No comments

Post a Comment

© anna lou elliott | All rights reserved.
Blog Design Handcrafted by pipdig