Wednesday 15 February 2012

today i'm inspired by... 3.1 phillip lim a/w'12




Last season 3.1 Phillip Lim was hands down my favourite collection of NYFW, and although the shows aren't over yet, this season I'm pretty sure I'll be able to say the same. Sometimes I honestly think Lim must be able to see inside my mind, because his collections are so exactly indicative of how I'd love my wardrobe to look in an ideal world. The A/W'12 show (see it all here) was utter perfection. Sleek monochrome tailoring dominated the show, alongside oversized chunky ribbed knits in grey or navy, and the occasional flash of burgundy, teal or pumpkin orange. Texture was key: there were layers of sheer chiffon peeking out over skirts and unexpected coatings of fur on shoulders and sleeves, while zip details adorned to-die-for structured biker jackets and three-quarter-length trousers. The accessories were particularly perfect: bags were either soft leather clutches folded in the hand or minimalist perspex zipped pouches (obsessed with these). Shoes came in stark black, pristine white or deep molten gold, while the defining accessory was the collar: unattached, sitting aside a tailored blazer or a chunky jumper, and in clear or black perspex or shining silver. All in all: pure fashion joy. Thank you Mr Lim.


Follow me on bloglovin', facebook and twitter

Share:

No comments

Post a Comment

© anna lou elliott | All rights reserved.
Blog Design Handcrafted by pipdig