Tuesday 20 December 2011

today i want... zara tie-dye jeans

There's something almost deliciously retro about tie-dye, isn't there? It's the kind of thing that's so wrong it's right; like double denim, fashion is reclaiming it as its own and turning the bad taste connotations on their head. The last time the catwalks flirted briefly with tie-dye (a couple of years ago or so, I think), I wasn't convinced. But this time it's got Isabel Marant on its side. The can-do-no-wrong French designer showed a super laid-back collection for S/S'12, all bright red sportswear, loose-slung crochet knits and - what do you know - tie-dye. I admit I wasn't immediately convinced, but if any designer can make you want to wear tie-dye, it's surely Marant. And if anyone can wear tie-dye in a way that would convince me, it's Elin Kling. So these pictures were all the persuasion I needed. Luckily, thanks to Zara, you don't have to be rich to get a little slice of spring in your life. What I love about these jeans is that the tie-dye is just subtle enough: it nods to the trend without yelling '90s throwback'. They're understated but utterly stylish: pretty much exactly the Isabel Marant ethos, if you ask me.



Share:

No comments

Post a Comment

© anna lou elliott | All rights reserved.
Blog Design Handcrafted by pipdig