Saturday 10 December 2011

today i bought...


Until now my faithful standard black coat has been one which I bought in the Oxford Circus Topshop approximately six years ago (see it here). Sadly though this year I noticed it had started to look a little worse for wear: bobbly, faded and with a few little holes beginning to develop. So I decided to embark on a somewhat unusual shopping mission: for something I actually needed, rather than wanted. Happily it wasn't long before I stumbled across this ASOS beauty, handily reduced from £90 to £67.50. I wasn't quite sure what to expect but decided to give it a try. In real life it surpassed my expectations: it fits like a glove (admittedly it's not going to allow my bulkier jumpers) and looks super smart and mannish, almost just like a longer and warmer version of a blazer. I love the classic, sharp cut and think it will prove a faithful friend over the winter months, hopefully for many years to come. After all, as my series of "basics" posts will attest, it's worth spending a little time and effort to ensure that the classic building blocks of your wardrobe are pieces that you really love.

Share:

No comments

Post a Comment

© anna lou elliott | All rights reserved.
Blog Design Handcrafted by pipdig