Friday 16 September 2011

today i want... simone rocha for topshop net sleeve dress

Clever old Topshop. Just as LFW gets under way, a bumper crop of amazing capsule collections by up-and-coming British designers hits their website to get us all excited. One of them is of course their own line Unique's A/W'11 collection, but as you'll know if you read my LFW show reports from last season, I wasn't really a fan of it (though some pieces have grown on me since then, admittedly). Much more exciting to me is the capsule collection by Simone Rocha. I chanced upon pictures of her S/S'11 collection several months ago and absolutely loved it; I was really taken by her clean, architectural designs and expert layering of contrasting textures, and featured it as 3rd February's "today I'm inspired by". I really liked her collection for A/W'11 too, and this amazing dress, part of her Topshop capsule, looks like it could have come straight off the catwalk. I love when designers really stay true to their trademarks in their high street collaborations, not compromising on anything but price, and it seems like Simone's done just that. I am trying to shop a little less right now (not going toooo well) so I'm going to resist this beauty, even though the net sleeves are calling out to me. What I can tell you is that if I were attending shows at LFW, this would be making up part of my front row wardrobe. Beautiful.



Share:

No comments

Post a Comment

© anna lou elliott | All rights reserved.
Blog Design Handcrafted by pipdig