Wednesday 7 September 2011

today i love... new york fashion week


September/October has to be my favourite time of year for quite a few reasons. Firstly, I love when it starts to get that chill in the air, the scarves and coats come out and you drink lots of hot tea and eat pumpkin pie. Yum. Secondly, all the best TV comes back and it's snuggly nights in aplenty. And thirdly, of course, it's fashion week season. So you can imagine how happy I am that New York Fashion Week kicks off tomorrow (8th) and goes on until Thursday 15th. I'm so excited to see what S/S'12 will have in store for us. So here's everything you need to know about this fashionable week in the Big Apple...

1. The website catwalklive.tv is a great resource for showing you which shows will be streaming live and where. Check it out now for show schedules and be sure to set yourself reminders so you don't miss your favourites (or follow @catwalklivetv on Twitter for updates). It's the nearest thing us mortals will get to a front row seat and it definitely makes you feel like you're part of the action.

2. Check back to my blog for show reports of my favourite collections, features on how to channel the best front row looks and the lowdown on all the emerging trends. You can also follow me on Twitter @AnnalouElliott where I'll be posting my favourite outfit and catwalk look from each day (except Saturday because I'm off to Cornwall!)

3. If you'd like a little refresher on the best shows from across the pond for A/W'11, check out my NYFW show reports from back in February to see which trends I was loving and which designers I'll be looking out for.

4. For regularly updated show reports, front row snaps and every single catwalk look, my first ports of call are Vogue.co.uk and Elleuk.com.

5. And finally, here are the shows I'm most looking forward to over the next few days (click on the designer's name to see their A/W'11 collection):

Prabal Gurung (Saturday 10th)
Alexander Wang (Saturday 10th)
Derek Lam (Sunday 11th)
Thakoon (Sunday 11th)
Preen (Monday 12th)
Rodarte (Tuesday 13th)
Theyskens Theory (Tuesday 13th)
Tibi (Tuesday 13th)
3.1 Phillip Lim (Wednesday 14th)
Proenza Schouler (Wednesday 14th)
Calvin Klein Collection (Thursday 15th)
Marc Jacobs (Thursday 15th)

Happy NYFW!

Share:

No comments

Post a Comment

© anna lou elliott | All rights reserved.
Blog Design Handcrafted by pipdig