Saturday 6 August 2011

today i'd save on... missoni vs topshop


On left: Missoni Mare Bahamas triangle bikini, £225 at Mytheresa


For the first time since I can remember, I won't be going on a beach holiday this year. I don't consider myself much of a holiday person; I get bored of sunbathing very quickly, being in a country where I don't understand the language stresses me out and I always miss my own bed after a couple of nights. But still, it is nice just to escape for a week a year and go somewhere totally different, so I am a little sad not to be heading off for sun, sea and a tan this summer. (I will be going to two weddings at opposite ends of the country, though, so that will have to do!) Anyway, when I see something like this beautiful Topshop bikini it makes me a little sad that I'll have no occasion to wear it (except in the pool at the gym, maybe?) I've been wanting a Missoni bikini quite badly for some time and this Topshop beauty is as close as you're going to get without splashing out (pardon the pun). I think it would look fantastic with a tan (a safe one, lots of SPF please), very simple gold jewellery and maybe a sheer black dress slung over it in the evening. Still, who says you have to go abroad to dress like you're on holiday?

PS, as we're talking about being sun safe, if you are buying anything from Topshop this weekend, don't forget to add a £1 donation to the Teenage Cancer Trust to your shopping bag. Thank you!

Share:

No comments

Post a Comment

© anna lou elliott | All rights reserved.
Blog Design Handcrafted by pipdig