Friday 28 January 2011

today i love... topshop edited

You will no doubt be aware by now just how much I love Topshop (I shudder to think how much money I've spent there in my life). I firmly believe that there is no other shop in the world that produces such brilliant fashion at such affordable prices (surely no other store opening in New York could have caused such a commotion as Topshop did). So with every new venture they take I am more and more excited. I was beyond happy to welcome their catwalk line Unique, and my shark-print dress from the S/S'10 collection is one of my all-time favourites. I was seriously excited about the launch of their make-up line, and remain a loyal devotee to it. I absolutely loved their A/W'10 magazine, 214, as well (very much looking forward to the spring/summer edition). And now they've set out on another new venture: a brand new boutique-style store called Edited, which houses only the very best of their stock in a sophisticated shopping environment.

Situated at 286 Regent Street (within their flagship Oxford Circus store), and also available to shop online, this new concept sees the brand reaching out to those shoppers who are interested in only the finest items, and who don't want to have to elbow hundreds of teenagers out of the way to get them. From what I can tell, the items selected to appear in the store (by head of design Jacqui Markham) are all high-quality and timeless, but with a distinct fashionable edge; a large portion of the stock is taken from their Topshop Boutique line (love, love, love) and much of it consists of luxe basics or classics with a difference. Case in point is the leather-sleeved trench I've been banging on about lately (which is now available in the Edited store, but not yet online): it's timeless, but at the same time undeniably of-the-moment. Other items selected include luxe cashmere tees, soft silk tops and dresses, super-high heels, classic tailored blazers, directional denim and lots of butter-soft leather. In short, it's basically everything I love about Topshop, distilled down into a chic, covetable collection. The items chosen will change every week, but I thought I'd select my top three of the current online picks for you:

Topshop Boutique cashmere vest, £20



Topshop 2 tone round sunglasses, £18



Topshop cream chiffon leather front tee, £45


So get yourself down to Regent Street or the online store pronto. Personally I can't wait to check the shop out for myself.


Pictures: Insideout.topshop.com


Share:

No comments

Post a Comment

© anna lou elliott | All rights reserved.
Blog Design Handcrafted by pipdig