Thursday 9 September 2010

today i love... new york fashion week

Ooooo it's an exciting time of year! September is probably one of my favourite months. Summer is over (not a fan of sweating), the nights are drawing in and soon we'll be surrounded by lovely autumn leaves. And hopefully with the temperature dropping I'll soon be able to wear my aviator jacket! (It is literally the clothing equivalent of standing in an oven). It's also the start of the new TV year and I am beyond excited about ALL my favourite programmes starting again in the next few days (Merlin, Gossip Girl, The Inbetweeners and QI, to name but a few!) But the most fabulous thing about September is, of course, the fashion weeks.

New York Fashion Week kicked off officially on Wednesday, but the big hitters don't start showing until tomorrow. Then after a week of American fashiontasticalness (yes that's now a word), the action moves onto our fair capital of London, and then onto Milan, and finally Paris. A whole four weeks of amezzing shows! I can barely contain my excitement. Just as I did last season, I'll be logging onto
ELLEuk.com regularly for full show reports, pics of every catwalk look, and (probably my favourite bit) snaps of the front row guests (particularly excited to see which shows Misses Palermo and Chung show up to, and what they'll be wearing. Eek.)

So here, for your perusal pleasure, are the show dates and times of the presentations that I shall most be looking forward to in New York (fear not, I'll be doing the same for the other FWs also). And don't be put off by the fact that you won't actually be there... just log onto
firstcomesfashion.com to stream many of the shows live.


Jason Wu: Friday 10th Sept, 2pm (7pm UK time)

Prabal Gurung: Saturday 11th Sept, 1pm (6pm UK time)

Alexander Wang: Saturday 11th Sept, 5pm (10pm UK time)

Diane Von Furstenberg: Sunday 12th Sept, 4pm (9pm UK time)

Thakoon: Sunday 12th Sept, 6pm (11pm UK time)

Marc Jacobs: Monday 13th Sept, 8pm (1am Tuesday UK time)

Rodarte: Tuesday 14th Sept, 12noon (5pm UK time)

The Row: Tuesday 14th Sept, 5pm (10pm UK time)

3.1 Phillip Lim: Wednesday 15th Sept, 2pm (7pm UK time)

Proenza Schouler: Wednesday 15th Sept, 8pm (1am Thurs UK time)

Calvin Klein: Thursday 16th Sept, 3pm (8pm UK time)


Look out for full reports of my very favourites.... I'm having fashion palpitations just thinking about it!

Share:

No comments

Post a Comment

© anna lou elliott | All rights reserved.
Blog Design Handcrafted by pipdig