Monday 5 July 2010

today i love... my new shoes

Anybody who knows me - okay, anybody who has ever met me - knows that I am 100% obsessed with Topshop. And not just since it became very hip and chic and landed in New York; oh no, I'm an old-school fan. For a good seven years their stock has been making up about 80% of my wardrobe. In fact, if I had saved all the money I've given that shop in my life, I could probably pay off my student loan. But I have no regrets. Because good old Arcadia brings me much joy, and Topshop is definitely my cup of tea. (It's even my Internet Explorer homepage...)

So onto my new shoes. Feast your eyes on these little beauties:

They are Topshop's June Crossover Peeptoe Heels and they cost £55. Now this is usually more than I would spend on footwear (I prefer to splash out on jackets), but sometimes you have to throw caution to the wind. When shoes are as simultaneously beautiful and versatile as these, that ridiculously pointless 'cost-per-wear' equation suddenly seems extremely relevant. "When you think about it, I'll wear them every single day for the rest of my life ever," my inner monologue (JD from Scrubs-style) tells me excitedly, "making them about 0.001p per day! They're an absolute bargain!" No, I don't really believe that, but it somehow assuages the inevitable shopper's guilt.

Plus, if I ever get a job, they will be absolutely perfect for work. The mini-heel doesn't fall into the usual mini-heel trap of looking a bit ridiculous (this is because it is, crucially, not a kitten heel, but a fairly chunky heel), therefore making them eminently practical for daytime; they are also tan and therefore go with absolutely everything under the sun; I am already imagining them paired with city shorts, my new slinky khaki camisole and some huge round sunglasses, Lauren Conrad-style.

I think by now I have suitably demonstrated why these shoes are definitely just my cup of tea.

Share:

No comments

Post a Comment

© anna lou elliott | All rights reserved.
Blog Design Handcrafted by pipdig